Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Just a Little Update

Okay, so the new blog is kind of off to a slow start. But that's okay. After all, I'm trying to relieve myself of some of the pressure I felt in my old blog to perform in some way. I hope after another post or two, to try to raise the readership by officially announcing it's presence on the web (right now it's hiding in the back of the virtual room, like a visitor to a new church, learning the rituals and language).

Part of my desire to "kick it in gear" as far as the blog goes, though, is that I need some more structured intellectual avenues. I found out that the position I was gunning for teaching religion at a local college was filled by someone else, and I begin today a second part-time job. While I'm thankful for the sources of income, I don't feel like my skills are being put to best use.

As an update: we spent the Christmas holiday back in Missouri, and it was a great time. Now I'm having post-MO withdrawal, feeling a little down, facing the fact that life in Atlanta has some challenges. David got to experience his first white Christmas, and Bump was a major hit over the holidays (and he got more human food than he could ever have dreamed of).

No comments:

Post a Comment