Thursday, February 4, 2010

Haven't posted in awhile. Both jobs along with my return to (regress into) academia (i'm auditing a class this semester) have left me pretty busy, at least busy enough to push blogging out of my life.

This past weekend, David and I went to Savannah to visit a friend of his who is stationed there after returning from Iraq. We enjoyed visiting with him, and also spent some time exploring Savannah and the GA coastal islands. Savannah is such a beautiful city, so organic, historic and rustic. I would never want to live there, because then I might realize it's not actually the fantastical place I imagine it to be. As a perfect compliment to exploring the city, we also visited Tybee Island and then went on a hike in Skidaway Island State Park. We didn't see any alligators, but we did see some gorgeous marshland. It ignited a spark in us both to get out of town a little more often. Hopefully, we will.

No comments:

Post a Comment